Connecting African Researchers with Global Life Science Leaders for Partnership Development
BVGH organizes the Africa Pavilion and related programming at the annual BIO International Convention—the world’s largest life sciences industry partnering meeting, convening 16,000+ leaders from global business, government, and academic sectors—to showcase African R&D innovations and foster international partnerships:
– Africa Pavilion featuring representatives from organizations across the continent
– BVGH-coordinated one-on-one partnering meetings
– Private meetings between the African delegation and company executives
– Site visits to companies in or near the Convention host city
– Panel sessions focused on Africa and its healthcare priorities
– Media events highlighting Africa’s key role in the biomedical R&D landscape
Jim Greenwood, BIO President & CEO and BVGH Board Chairman, speaks at the Africa Pavilion Media Event at the 2017 Convention.
Exhibitors from Ethiopia and Tanzania meeting at the 2017 Convention.
Exhibitors participate in a site tour of the Center for Discovery and Innovation in Parasitic Diseases, Skaggs School of Pharmacy, U. of California, San Diego.
BVGH staff and exhibitors enjoy an evening networking event at the 2017 Convention.
The BIO International Convention provided me with the opportunity, for the first time, to see how the research at my institute could be positioned for greater impact.
– Professor Kwadwo Koram, Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR), Ghana
Participating in the Pavilion, speaking on panels, and the overall BIO Convention has exceeded my highest expectations. The meetings and discussions have been productive and show great promise for NIPRD and for Nigeria.
– Professor Karniyus Gamaniel, National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD), Nigeria